How To Make Patisa At Home
Its Easy How To Make Patisa : Patisa, or Soan Papdi, is an Indian dessert. This kid-friendly dessert doesn’t require baking. You can make it in your own pan.
This delicious dessert is made with gram flour, which is the main ingredient in this recipe. Although it may seem difficult for new cooks, you can make it easy by following our step-by-step guide.
Flaky desserts are a sweet treat. Follow our step-by-step instructions below to learn how to make this delicious dessert.
Total Time: 15-30 minutes
Serves: 4Nutrition facts:
240 calories, 9 grams fat
- 1.5 cup — gram flour.
- 1.5 cup — plain flour (maida).
- 250 gms- ghee.
- 2.5 cups — sugar.
- 1.5 cup — water.
- 2 tbsp — milk.
- 1/2 tsp- cardamom seeds, crushed coarsely.
- 2 tsp — charmagaz (combination of 4 types of seeds) refer glossary.
- 4″ squares cut from a thin polythene sheet.
How to Make Patisa
- Mix both flours together.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden.
- Keep aside to cool a little and keep stirring occasionally.
- Prepare syrup simultaneously.
- Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk.
- Bring syrup to 2.5 thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms thread like flakes.
- Pour on to a greased surface or thali and roll to 1 inch thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the charmagaz seeds and elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- Cool and cut into 1 inch squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
- Store in airtight container.
The Kud Patisa – 100% Desi Ghee
Also Read More Articles on Medium HERE
Patisa, also known as Soan Papdi, is a popular Indian sweet made from gram flour, sugar, ghee, and cardamom powder. It is a flaky and crispy sweet that has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Patisa originated in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, although its exact origin is unclear. It is now popular throughout India and other parts of South Asia.
No, Patisa is not gluten-free as it is made from ghee and Besan.
Patisa is made by mixing gram flour, ghee, and water to form a dough. The dough is then rolled out into thin layers, which are then cut into small pieces and cooked in hot ghee until they turn golden brown. The cooked pieces are then soaked in a sugar syrup flavored with cardamom powder, dried, and served.
Also Read : How to Make Authentic Wazwan Kashmiri Masala