Aam Papad – Meetha: Amazing and Tasty full of nutrition and proves to be a healthy snack for kids, adult and older people. A mouthwatering product made by several layers of fruit pulp, sun-dried, pressed into chewy, tangy papad, and mixed with ground spices. All the process thus preserves the original taste of Real Mango.
Is aam papad healthy?
How long can aam papad last?
300+ sun-less days! Although the sun-dried Aam Papad can be stored in an airtight container in a room temperature for up to a year, the oven cooked one should be consumed with in few months.
3 cups mango pulp
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp desi ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1. Put the mango pulp in a large pan with the sugar, cardamom powder and half teaspoon of ghee.
2. Heat the pan while mixing everything together.
3. Continue cooking the mix for 10 minutes after it comes to a boil. The pulp should thicken and change its colour slightly.
4. Grease a rectangular tray with ghee, and pour out some of the mango mix. Spread it thinly, and allow it to cool. You can also use baking parchment for this.
5. Keep the aam papad out in the sun to dry. The thinner the layer and the stronger the sun’s heat, the quicker it will dry. It usually takes just one day in the sun during peak summer to make aam papad.
6. Once the layers are dried completely, cut them into strips to make bars or rolls out of them. Preserve them in an air-tight box or jar.