Black Aam Papad Khatta: Black Aam Papad Khatta, mouthwatering product made by several layers of fruit pulp, sun-dried, pressed into chewy, tangy papad, and mixed with ground spices. Amazingly Khatta and Tasty. This Aam Papad is full of nutrition and proves to be a healthy snack for kids, adult and older people. In this practice we preserves the original taste of Mango.
Is Aam Papad Healthy?
What Is The Shelf Life Of Aam Papad Khatta?
300+ sun-less days! The sundried Aam Papad can be stored in an air tight container in a room temperature for up to a year. It is recommended we should consume oven cooked Aaam Papad within two months.
3 cups mango pulp
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp desi ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Method To Make Aam Papad:
1. Put the mango pulp in a large pan with the sugar, cardamom powder and half teaspoon of ghee.
2. Heat the pan and mix everything together.
3. Continue cooking the mix for 10 minutes after it comes to a boil. The pulp should thicken and change its colour slightly.
4. Grease a rectangular tray with ghee, and pour out some of the mango mix. Spread it thinly, and allow it to cool. You can use baking sheet for good texture.
5. Keep the aam papad out in the sun to dry. The thinner the layer and the stronger the sun’s heat, the quicker it will dry. It takes only one day in the good summer to dry Aam Papad.
6. Dry the layers completely. Cut them into strips and make bars or rolls out of them. Preserve them in an air-tight box or jar.